Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are government educational institutions in India, providing good standard education to students mainly from rural backgrounds. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are fully residential, co-educational schools affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi having classes from VI to XII standard. These Vidyalayas are run by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, New Delhi, an autonomous organization under the Department of Education and Literacy, Ministry of H.R.D., Government of India.
Look for updated information on https://navodaya.gov.in/
|Objective of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- To provide good quality, modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children from the rural areas, without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition.
- To ensure that all the students of the Vidyalaya attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in three language formula.
- To promote National Integration by providing opportunities to talented children, largely rural, from different parts of our country, to live and learn together and develop their full potential.
- To, serve in each district, as focal point for improvement in quality of school education through sharing of experience and facilities.
- To provide stress free educational environment.
- To provide good ambience to student and humanize environment.
- To empower supervisory staff through orientation programs discussions.
- Conference, visits to institution of higher learning to enable them to contributed effectively.
- To help student to discover their talent and mould them accordingly.
- To make class room teaching vibrant by replacing procedure oriented teaching / instructive approach where the student will be constructor by feeling.
- To adopt holistic approach toward evaluation to assess a student on all parameters.
- To organize games and sports, co-curricular activity, outdoor activities to allow effective participation by one and all.
- To enrich classroom teaching through educational technology.
- To produce 100% first division and 75% distinction to prepare student for entire life in a big way.